GRANFONDO ST TROPEZ – April 2019
Looking to discover the South of France with your bicycle? The Granfondo St Tropez Tour is not to be missed!
This 8-day tour will include cycling around the gulf of St Tropez on small Provence Roads in the middle of wine lands and lavender fields. It kicks off the Grand Trophée season and consists of 3 distances to choose from: 160 km 2600 m d+, 132 km 2400 m d+ and 77 km 1150 m d+; starting in St Tropez and finishing in Gassin.
During this tour, we will also have morning rides taking us to Grasse – the perfume town – to enjoy wine tasting and Provencal food specialties. Seaside rides are also something to look forward to!
For the 2019 edition we added an escape to climd the iconic Mt Ventoux before the race and to spend 2 days in one of the most prestigious wine areas in Provence.
We will be based in the gulf of St Tropez, in a 3 star residence for our stay in St Tropez, with easy access to various restaurants and shops.
- Day 1: 1 April – Arrival at Lyon Airport; transport with bicycles to our hotel at the foot of Mt Ventoux; free afternoon to unpack and prepare the bikes
- Day 2: 2 April – Morning ride to the top of Mt Ventoux; afternoon visit to a wine cellar and dinner at the same hotel
- Day 3: 3 April – 3 hour drive to St Tropez; early afternoon check-in; late-afternoon ride; dinner and night in St Tropez
- Day 4: 4 April – Ride to Cannes via the Esterel red rocks, continuing to Cap d’Antibes for lunch; drive back with vehicles to St Tropez; dinner and night in St Tropez
- Day 5: 5 April – Early ride on the Var Roads; visit the perfume factory and eat lunch in Grasse during the day; drive back to St Tropez and stop at Ramatuelle for dinner
- Day 6: 6 April – Rest day and race registration
- Day 7: 7 April – Race day; dinner and night in St Tropez
- Day 8: 8 April – Pack the bikes and drive to Nice Airport; fly back to South Africa in the evening
GRANFONDO ST TROPEZ – April 2019: EURO 2300.00 p/p sharing
- Accommodation for 2 nights in the Mt Ventoux area with dinner, bed and breakfast
- Accommodation for 5 nights in St Tropez at a 3-star hotel with dinner, bed and breakfast
- Transfers from Lyon Airport to Nice airports with bikes
- Transfers to/ from start and finish of the race
- Race entry fee
- 4 lunches
*Excludes: Air tickets, personal expenses and insurance
Costing based on a group of 6 cyclists.
All transport and transfers are private.
For more information: Contact Jean-Michel Prat at email@example.com